Implant dentistry takes months for healing. There are no shortcuts to bone healing. Similar to hip and knee replacements, dental implants involve bone surgery and require months to heal.
A typical single tooth implant placement takes four months from start to finish.
3 easy steps:
- Appointment 1 – Dental implant surgical placement (60 min.)
- Appointment 2 – Check dental implant and take impressions (30 min.)
- Appointment 3 – Cement final crown (30 min.)
For more extensive treatments, the plan may look like this:
- Appointment 1 – Extractions, dental implant placement, and temporary prosthetic placed (90 min.)
- Appointment 2 – Check dental implants, take preliminary impressions.
- Appointment 3 – Place temporary prosthetic and evaluate smile and bite.
- Appointment 4 – Take final impressions for final prosthetic/bridges or crowns.
- Appointment 5 – Deliver final prosthetic/bridge work or crowns.
Most extensive treatments that do not require bone grafts can be completed in about 4-5 months.
If bone grafts are needed, an additional 4-7 months of healing time will be required.
Once you start, you will be one step closer to attaining your healthy, confident smile again.